My boyfriend bought me a blender this summer for my birthday, and boy oh boy did he get his money’s worth! My Instagram must’ve been filled with countless images of the same glass bottle filled with various colours of lusciously thick, healthy drinks. Well … healthy in general. I did make the odd frozen daiquiri or ice-cream milkshake too.
I promised myself that I would write the recipes down for the smoothies I mastered/ wung. So here goes the first one: my chocolate smoothie recipe.
Serves 2, Calories: no idea but it’s kind of healthy
- 1 banana
- 1 avocado
- 200 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbs cacao nibs
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 square dark chocolate (80% +)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
1) Put all ingredients in a blender. Pulse to combine the ingredients first of all (this prevents the blades getting damaged). Next, pulse on a low speed and gradually increase the speed. If it’s too thick, add more almond milk or a dash of water. Taste before you pour the smoothie out and sweeten more to taste if you want. I recommend using a reusable straw – it feels more posh and you’ll be saving the environment.
If you like this smoothie let me know! For me, it tastes more like a milkshake! But it’s way healthier. Win, win!
In case you wonder why I used the ingredients I did, here’s why:
- Banana: for sweetness, a thick texture and the health benefits of course
- Avocado: for a silky, smooth consistency and a healthy source of fat
- Almond milk: because I find normal milk in a smoothie mellows out the flavours a bit.
- Chia seeds: for fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, calcium and protein
- Cacao nibs: to add to that chocolate flavour, provides antioxidants and boosts mood!
- Cacao powder: same as above
- Dark chocolate: (just a square) to add real chocolate flavour and also little chips of chocolate in each slurp of the smoothie- delish! Same benefits as above.
- Honey: to add sweetness – the dark chocolate ingredients need just that little touch of sweetness to take the edge off.
- Ice: to make the drink frosty cold, also adds to the thick consistency
Enjoy! Love, Kristina xxx
- I have a podcast now!Hey you! So I’ve been cooking up a creative storm in the last few weeks and I can’t wait for you to … Continue reading I have a podcast now!
- 2020: Has Anyone Actually Had a Good Year?Is it COVID-19? Or is 2020 just cursed? I’ve had a horrendous year, how about you?
- Green smoothiePerfecting a green smoothie has been on everyone’s cooking bucket list lately. And I rather feel it’s like marmite – you either … Continue reading Green smoothie